Misbehaving /etc/init.d/powersaved

Chris Miller lordsauronthegreat at gmail.com
Thu Jan 18 06:35:41 GMT 2007

This is a curious problem.

Whenever I boot, KLaptopDaemon fails to recognize that my ancient
Pentium M Ultra-Low Voltage processor does indeed have CPU Frequency
Scaling.  This lets me eke about 15 more minutes out of my three year
old batter, which is the difference between a 45 minute hang time and
a whole hour (yay!)

Under Gentoo I'd have simply issued rc-update -a powersaved and
forgotten about the whole thing, but Ubuntu doesn't have rc-update.
Can anyone help me discover how to add a script to the boot order
manually?

--