DHCP Times out

Scott W. McMikle lxrules at gmail.com
Tue Jan 16 16:51:43 UTC 2007

I have been unable to find a solution to a problem that I have maintaining a
connection to my router.  I have Clearwire internet service and that is
connected to my Linksys VOIP router.  My Kubuntu box is then connected to
the Linksys router.  When I initially log on, the network connection is good
and I am able to access the internet.  At some point usually 12 hours or so,
I am no longer able to access the internet and my connection to the router
is lost.  By using the command *dhclient eth0*, the connection is restored.
I suspect that my DHCP is timing out and is not renewing.  Any
suggestions??  I have searched through various forums without finding an
answer to my particular problem.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Scott