How to modify "System places" menu

Donatas G. dgvirtual at akl.lt
Tue Jan 16 12:35:30 UTC 2007

Ian Rose wrote:
> Donatas G. wrote:
>> By the way, to make your menus user specific you can create a folder
>>
>> ~/.kde/share/apps/systemview/
>>
>> and put all the user specific *.desktop files in there - just tried that!
>>
>> Donatas
>>

> Now that's handy - when I first found the system-wide folder (by finding
> every file named "home"), I couldn't work out how to make it
> user-specific. Obvious when you point it out!

Glad the experiments get us to a more usable desktop.

I wonder if it is possible to create another menu besides "system menu"
that we have just discussed. I guess Gnome has something like this,
called "Drawers"

It would also be handy to have a tool to graphically configure such
things. Or maybe there is something already that I don't know about yet?

Donatas