MToolsFM

Harijs Buss harijs at info-shelter.net
Sun Jan 14 21:38:09 UTC 2007

On Sunday 14 January 2007 23:03, bryann rakstija:
> FWIW OS/2 is the ONLY way to fix some of these disks and even MAKE
> copies of the original W95 installation disks (except for disk1)

Probably that can be done from Linux as well. Maybe some Guru will give us
idea how to do full Format and full Track-to-Track copy and verify of old
good floppies? Even in case of strange formats like 1.8 Mb on standard 1.44
Mb diskette?  Just in case :)

Sure nowadays floppies seem to be more or less extinct, newer motherboards
even do not have Floppy device connectors anymore.  In my experience during
last years I had to use floppies only to boot from them in case of firmware
upgrades, and mainly on older boards not supporting boot from USB flash
memory drives.

> I recently bought a box that 80% reported errors.  Usually a few disks
> in the middle of the box will work OK but the ones near the tracker will
> be bad and if it is on the end of the box (usually is) the ones at the
> OTHER end of the box will be bad from the device on an adjacent box.

Yep, that seems to be reasonable explanation.  Thanks.

Harijs