Firefox and Thunderbird

Rebel Lion obsidion at ihug.co.nz
Sat Jan 13 20:41:27 UTC 2007

On Sunday 14 January 2007 09:14, Jim Byers wrote:
> Would someone be kind enough to tell me how to Thunderbird or Kmail the
> default email anytime an email link it clicked within Firefox.  Next, how
> does one make Firefox the systems default web browser.

1) open the following URL in Firefox:
about:config

2) set the option "network.protocol-handler.external.mailto" to true

3) Set a new string to Create the option "network.protocol-handler.app.mailto"
cut an paste that bit without the quotes of course.

4) Then in the next window set it to preferred mailer eg kmail

To set as default system settings -- default applications -- web browser -- st
to firefox.

--
BOFH excuse #130:

new management