Java 5 Installation

Jim Byers jim at jimbyers.com
Wed Jan 10 23:12:55 UTC 2007

I have installed flash and adobe and both are working with Firefox.  I
have installed Java and moved and have discovered that I am missing
> libjavaplugin_oji.so

I downloaded this file from
http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=202537&highlight=firefox+plugins

In the directions he says that I should be able to double click this
file and use "Gedebi" to install it.  When I double click, I can find no
action option for Gedebi.  Can you advise?  If that does not work, I
will follow your suggestion on Automatix.  Should I go down that path,
will I have to uninstall Firefox and start over?

Thanks,

Jim