kmail filters: sharing between computers

Steve gismo at
Mon Jan 8 08:42:00 GMT 2007

On Mon 8 January 2007 08:21, Ron Wehrens wrote:
> I use kmail at work as well as at home. At work I have set up an
> extensive list of filters to throw away spam etc. Is there a way to
> copy these filters to my home computer so that I can read my work
> email at home without having to skip at least three screens of
> meaningless messages every day? Where are these filters stored?
> Ron
> --
> Ron Wehrens
> Institute for Molecules and Materials (IMM) - Analytical Chemistry
> Radboud University Nijmegen

My home directory is called steve you are looking for a file called
kmailrc that file contains all the filters among other stuff if you
copy that over it should do the trick just back up the kmailrc or
rename it .old before you do it. here is the path to mine

rgds steve