selecting GRUB option for next reboot

Luka Renko lure at ubuntu.com
Fri Jan 5 20:14:56 UTC 2007

On Friday 05 January 2007 19:51, Derek Broughton wrote:
> Cool!  Of course, it's yet another item that doesn't show in my "System
> Settings" applet, only in kControl.  When do I get the dropdown list?  On
> the "End Session for ..." popup, I still see the usual "End Current
> Session", "Turn off...", "Restart...", "Suspend..." (interesting since my
> laptop doesn't _have_ suspend) & "Hibernate..." options.  I don't much want
> to test it by clicking on "Turn off" or "Restart" at this time...

Logout dialog present Suspend and Hibernate options depending on what HAL
claims that your HW supports. You can check this from command line by
calling:

lshal | grep can_suspend

In Feisty, it will be also possible to disable suspend/hibernate options in
Logout dialog and Guidance Power Manager completely with config file (this
will be used on Live CD where suspend/hibernate cannot work properly).

Regards,
Luka