The kubuntu annoyance

Art Alexion art.alexion at verizon.net
Fri Jan 5 14:01:57 UTC 2007

On Thursday 04 January 2007 21:27, Jeremy Anderson wrote:
> On Thursday 04 January 2007 19:47, Art Alexion wrote:

> > Thanks.  I successfully installed it, now I'm going to give it a try.
> >
> > I already installed kino, but that seems to be designed to edit DV files
> > from cameras and edit and convert them to things like mpegs, etc.
> > Doesn't seem to work with files already in mpeg or avi format.  Am I
> > missing something with that?
>
> http://cvs.cinelerra.org/docs/split_manual_en/cinelerra_cv_manual_en_5.html
>#SEC63

Thanks for the link.  I was going to go looking for a manual an tutorial next.
Any good tutorials you can recommend?

My above question was aimed more at kino.  I don't have a dv camcorder.  Most
of the files I will be working with are already in mpeg or avi format.  I
want a gui program that foremost converts them to VIDEO_TS and secondarily
might allow me to create DVD menus.  Do I even need kino?  Will cinelerra do
what I want?

Art Alexion

Keyserver: hkp://subkeys.pgp.net
alarm.  Info @