how to make a *.deb package from source

Art Alexion art.alexion at verizon.net
Wed Jan 3 18:23:53 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 02 January 2007 17:20, Tez wrote:
> Art Alexion wrote:
> > On Sunday 31 December 2006 19:35, Tez wrote:
> >> sudo checkinstall make install
> >
> > I've been using checkinstall since Red Hat 7.x.
> >
> > sudo checkinstall -D
> >
> > for a deb
> >
> > su -c checkinstall -R
> >
> > for a Fedora RPM.
>
> And why in the name of all that is holy would you want an RPM :-P

Some people have more than one computer running more than one distro.  Some
people support other computers with other distros.  Here in the US, it seems
hard to "sell" a corporate customer on anything other than RHEL or SUSe.
They think they get what they pay for and therefore insist on paying.

Art Alexion

Keyserver: hkp://subkeys.pgp.net
alarm.  Info @