Automattix2 problems

jeremy anderson jeremy at jdli.net
Wed Jan 3 15:24:47 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 03 January 2007 05:54, Scott wrote:
> O. Sinclair spake thusly on 01/02/2007 09:59 PM:
> > I am also not overly fond of Automatix that seems to be trying to do too
> > much at the same time - like seriously edit your sourceslist w/o asking.
> > I prefer EasyUbuntu that does not try to do "everything".
>
> I prefer doing it the old fashioned way.. One by one.
>
> --
> 	Scott
> http://angrykeyboarder.com
> © 2007 angrykeyboarder™ & Elmer Fudd. All Wights Wesewved
I have been reading this thread for a while and I don't care which way you
prefer but it would be nice if the ones that don't like automatix or
easyubuntu would help point the newbies or the ones that don't know to some
of the right places.  One example would be, in kde, go to konqueror.  Under
konqueror go to Kubuntu Desktop Guide.  Under Common Tasks go through all the
steps and it should give you most of the information that you need to come up
with what automatix and easyubuntu give you step by step.

Please don't take this as a stab at those that said they don't like the
automated ways, but please think about adding a little more to the pile if
you don't like those things and have a good way of going through the steps.

Just my 2cents

Jeremy