Which version of kubuntu

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Tue Jan 2 15:37:50 UTC 2007

Xurxo F. wrote:

> 2007-01-01 (?) ? 15:05 -0700 ? Grumpy_Penguin ????????:
>> On Monday 01 January 2007 14:46, suleiman mostamandy wrote:
>> > I'm going to install kubuntu on my laptop *fujitsu-siemens amilo
>> > si-1520 core 2 duo*. I dont know which version of kubuntu i should
>> > choose. please help me kind people.
>> > Thanks.
>> > Best regards.
>> Edgy 386 is a safe bet
>> Fujitsu's are good solid machines mine died after a year my fault
>> they fixed it and upgraded it at no charge didn't ask any questions about
>> Linux on it instead of Win$ux refreshing attitude will probably buy
>> another
>
> I have problems with my works amilo pro 2040 (not sure about the model
> number). Sound stops working after i come back from suspend to ram. It
> worked on dapper though. It has to do with the intel soundcard but i was
> hoping next kernel update will fix it.

Don't count on it.  Sometimes my sound (also intel) _only_ works after a
suspend/resume sequence.  Most times it doesn't, and it just isn't worth
the trouble to me to hunt it down.  I did fresh installs twice just before
Christmas - the first time, I initially had sound.  The second time, I
didn't...
--
derek