Automattix2 problems

Patrick Vossen pvossen at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 1 17:00:15 UTC 2007

Hey Kubuntu users,

I did an additional system update to Edgy and lost my sound.
To make a long story short I couldn't remedy it after a
few suggested solutions. That being the case I attempted
to reformat and install Ubuntu again. It didn't work. No
problem I installed Kubuntu Edgy. It worked fine and I
had sound again. Ok, now to my problem. In my attempt
to reinstall former programs I tried using EasyUbuntu
which had been successful before. Well, it didn't
install. So I went to Automattix2, it installed
successfully. I had problems running Automatti2 and it
froze up. Automattix2 locked up at Sun Java RE 2 and then
after I had to cancel. I did a dkpackage -a fix. But,
it keeps on recycling that Sun Java RE and now the package
managers both Synaptic and Adept won't install anything.
They keep on referring to an upgrade to Sun Java RE which
jams the system. I think I have two options. Reinstall
Kubuntu, or alter my sources.list which I've done before,
but wanted to avoid. What does anyone have for alternate
suggestions?

Appreciate anything guys and gals.

Patrick Vossen
North Platte, NE