Stickykeys not sticky

golfer golfbuf at gmail.com
Mon Jan 1 14:36:12 UTC 2007

On 12/29/06, Dotan Cohen <dotancohen at gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes, I'm on KDE 3.5.5. And I've got nothing that will disable them.
> Note that I've no problem with the sticky keys being disabled in the
> middle of work, rather at startup. And yes, the box IS checked for
> sticky keys, they however do not function. Unchecking and rechecking
> the box, then resaving the config, restores stickykeys.

It's better here, as I said. I haven't had to select / unselect for a weeks now.

FWIW ..I did creat a new ~/.kde when upgrading to kde-3.5.5.

Also, I made this change to xorg.conf:

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Generic Keyboard"
        Driver      "kbd"
        Option      "CoreKeyboard"
        Option      "XkbRules" "xorg"
        Option      "XkbModel" "pc105"
        Option      "XkbLayout" "us"
#       Option          "XkbOptions"    "lv3:ralt_switch"
        Option      "XkbOptions" "lv3:win_switch"
EndSection

Not sure if either will make a difference in your case.

regards,