ipw3945 not connecting on bootup

Nigel Ridley nigel at rmk.co.il
Tue Feb 27 15:53:05 UTC 2007

Howard Coles Jr. wrote:
[snip]

> Thanks Scott.  I have a "sort of" work around where I put
> ifdown eth1
> ifup eth1
> in the rc.local file.  This runs after all the other startup files.  The fact
> that this works makes me believe the network stuff is loading in the wrong
> order.  I was just hoping that someone on the list had found a more permanent
> solution.

Howard,

I had a similar problem ages ago with start-up scripts running in the wrong order.
I went to the relevant /etc/rc*.d and changed the order numbers to reflect my needs.

You can see how things work here:
http://www.debianadmin.com/manage-linux-init-or-startup-scripts.html
and also man update-rc.d :-)

Blessings,