WiFi Again... Actiontec usb Card (Prism2.5)

Irena and Richard Jenkins richard.jenkins at internode.on.net
Mon Feb 26 03:05:24 GMT 2007

System  ... Kubuntu 6.10
HP Omnibook Laptop 510
256 Meg of RAM
supposed to have modem + ethernet + wifi all   builtin

Another plea for help with installation of this card.  I see that there are
two pathways: wlan-ng and ndiswrapper!  I tried the wlan-ng approach ... as
the deb file had been downloaded and installed on my machine.  It appears
that this program is installed ... but I am a considerable distance from
getting wifi to work!

Has anyone got some good ideas ... in this process?  I am happy to relate the
outputs of various files ... but all the suggested links I have followed have
come to a deadend!   I did manage to run modprobe wlan-ng ... but I can't get
it to behave from there.

Am I barking up the wrong tree??  Should I abandon the wlan-ng project and
start to find 'ndiswrapper'??  That would mean finding a windows XP driver
for this modem.

Are the delights of wifi under anything but windoze!!

Richard
Irena and Richard Jenkins
Canberra,  AUSTRALIA