[Kubuntu] About Kde Integration

Jonathan Jesse jjesse at iserv.net
Sun Feb 25 21:19:07 UTC 2007

On Sunday 25 February 2007 15:35, Nathan Eckenrode wrote:

> >> This very well may be true, which means that there is more room for
> >> people who want to help. hint hint.
> >
> > That's exactly the reason why I started this discussion, to see if
> > people are interested in "improving" Kubuntu. Please understand that I
> > am not looking for a way to do things (like configuring KDE myself,
> > which I can do and I am aware of how I could set it up to fit my needs )
> > . My point is, let's start working on Kubuntu so that it won't be that
> > "Ugly sister of Ubuntu".
> >
> > The problem is , I am not in the Developpers Team and even if I know how
> > to set KDE up, i don't know how to package it. The only thing I can do
> > is give ideas and opinions, fill bugs ...
>
> There was just recently a call to help with the documentation effort,
> documentation is hugely important for showing others how to configure their
> own desktops amongst other things.

The documentation team would love to have as much help as possible to further
improve how things are done.  Currently there are two people that do Kubuntu
documentation so it doesn't get the love the amount of love the other
documents do.  It would be great to have people help out.

Also in response to the post that all you know how to do is file bugs and test
things, that is all I have ever done to help out the developers and give them
love.  There are a lot of open bugs in Launchpad that don't even have the
correct packages assigned to them, see http://tinyurl.com/yspn4n for those.
Also check out the Kubuntu Team's package bug reports for others that need
love, https://launchpad.net/~kubuntu-team/+packagebugs.
This might be a simple way to get things better and help Ubuntu look better
and get the love you feel Ubuntu is getting that Kubuntu isn't.

Jonathan