ipw3945 not connecting on bootup

Howard Coles Jr. dhcolesj at gmail.com
Sun Feb 25 18:52:59 UTC 2007

On Sunday 25 February 2007 11:47:19 am Scott Abbey wrote:
> On Sunday 25 February 2007 09:16:41 Larry Hartman wrote:
> > Trying to figure out who you are talking to here...me or the person who
> > solved the issue...I'm so confused!
>
> The original subject of this thread was helping Howard with his wireless
> problem (sorry Howard, I'm clueless on that one). What Luis did is commonly
> referred to as "hijacking" a thread. He replied to Howard's question with a
> question of his own and just changed the subject. If you look at the
> complete email headers, you will see one titled "In-Reply-To: ..." that
> references Howard's original message. This causes threaded email clients to
> place the message as a reply to Howard's thread and is, therefore,
> generally considered poor mailing list etiquette.
>
> Luis: In the future, please compose a new message addressed to the list
> (instead of replying to a previous message) if you have a new, unrelated
> question. It's an honest mistake :)
>
> Larry: You didn't do anything wrong. The above is just FYI.
>
> Regards,
> Scott

Thanks Scott.  I have a "sort of" work around where I put
ifdown eth1
ifup eth1
in the rc.local file.  This runs after all the other startup files.  The fact
that this works makes me believe the network stuff is loading in the wrong
order.  I was just hoping that someone on the list had found a more permanent
solution.

--
See Ya'
Howard Coles Jr.