Sound Crackling after installing Nvidia Drivers

D. Michael McIntyre michael.mcintyre at rosegardenmusic.com
Sun Feb 25 05:34:06 UTC 2007

On Saturday 24 February 2007 1:37 pm, Howard Coles Jr. wrote:
> Thanks for the tip, but no joy.  The only time it does that is when I load
> up a 3D intensive game, like "SuperTux" or "Chromium".  Sometimes it sounds
> like the battery is dying on an old Cassette player.

I've seen another with exactly this problem.  I'm too tired to bother at the
moment, and I don't quite remember the details.  There should be a thread on
the rosegarden-user or rosegarden-devel mailing list detailing the plight of
Richard Cooper, I think it was.  He eventually solved his problem by building
a hardware synth out of junk.  There's a Youtube video showing the thing in
action.  It was amazing, but I don't think he ever got Linux audio and the
NVIDIA drivers to play nice with each other.  He probably wound up using the
free driver with broken 3D support.
--
D. Michael McIntyre