imagemagickal mystery tour

Donn donn.ingle at gmail.com
Fri Feb 23 06:06:18 UTC 2007

Yo,
I have been trying to overlay one image on another -- working up to (one day)
a script to put drop-shadows onto any image.

I have been following through the tutorials and have hit a brick wall on the
composite command under Kubuntu Dapper.
http://www.imagemagick.org/Usage/compose/

Here is the same code:

convert -background none  -fill white -pointsize 36   label:A \
label_A_white.png
composite -gravity center label_A_white.png   rose:   \
compose_over.gif

That should out a white 'A' over a rose, but all I get is a rose. In fact,
none of my tests (using pngs) has ever overlaid at all.

Anyone a boffin on this?

/d