(OT) Anyone got PHP5 installed?

Donn donn.ingle at gmail.com
Sun Feb 18 11:15:41 UTC 2007

Note to self :)
Just giving an update:

The answer to the PHP5 on Dapper thing is solved. The word is : Xampp
http://www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp-linux.html

If you try to install php5 (from backports, I think) it will happily volunteer
to remove php4. Not good. So I gave up on apt-get and friends.

Install Xammp -- it's a 50mb download which is a little harsh, but worthwhile.
Follow the instructions, it's really simple.

All I had to do was export my databases to sql text files so I could import
them into new databases in the Xampp structure (all in /opt).

Really, it's the bees-knees.

/d