intro and grub question

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Fri Feb 16 12:28:36 UTC 2007

Wes Hegge wrote:

> Also, just to let
> you know since Ubuntu 6.10 the old "/etc/inittab" file for boot up is
> gone. Now, Ubuntu uses "Startup", again Google.

Really?  Google isn't really my friend here.  I _suspect_ it should really
be "upstart" - at least "startup-tasks" is maintained by the upstart
developer, and there is no "startup" package.  If so, afaik, upstart is not
intended to be the default until feisty.  I've been using it since early
edgy development days, though, so I wouldn't know if it had actually made
it into the default system.
--
derek