kubuntu-users Digest, Vol 25, Issue 81

Guardian samedkonak at gmail.com
Fri Feb 16 08:27:29 UTC 2007

> > It seems when an app "looks for mail" gmail takes this as the mail being
> > actually delivered and so when I go to kmail to do a "check in" no email
> > is forthcoming. :(
there are gmail preferences for kmail below;

>You can use the following information to configure POP with many mail
clients. If you encounter difficulties, we suggest contacting your mail
client's customer support department for further instructions -- we're not
able to provide assistance with configuring mail clients not listed here.
>Incoming Mail (POP3) Server - requires SSL: 	pop.gmail.com
>Use SSL: Yes
>Port: 995
>Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server - requires TLS: 	smtp.gmail.com (use
authentication)
>Use Authentication: Yes
>Use STARTTLS: Yes (some clients call this SSL)
>Port: 465 or 587
>Account Name: 	your Gmail username (including @gmail.com)
>Email Address: 	your full Gmail email address (username at gmail.com)
>Password: 	your Gmail password

>Please note that if your client does not support SMTP authentication, you
won't be able to send mail through your client using your Gmail address.

I do not have any problem in kmail with these issues...