fat32 Question...

Earl Violet ejviolet at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 14 07:31:12 UTC 2007

--- Chris <veritastic at gmail.com> wrote:

<snip>
> I wanted to get an external to store everything, and was wondering
> if linux
> could safely write to say a fat32 drive?
<snip>
I did this for a while, using a disk in Win2K while I was getting my
Debian samba server set up and it worked great. At least the reading
and writing part did. I had some problems with Dapper editing the
files in place. I had to pull them into my home directory and edit
them then rewrite them to the fat 32 partition.

Earl

URL http://deserthowler.cjb.net
Instant messenger: earlcoyote
ICQ:64033496