help

Michael D. Stemle, Jr. manchicken at notsosoft.net
Tue Feb 13 00:46:00 UTC 2007

Okay, the actual answer to the question is that kontact does use kmail for its
mail interface.  I haven't seen these mysterious problems with kmail and
other systems.  I use kontact with 4 different mail providers flawlessly.  It
works fine, and it is a pretty darn good program.  If you have any specific
questions on how to set it up, please respond with your questions and I'll be
more than happy to answer as best I can.

Kontact/kmail are well integrated with the konqueror web browser, korganizer
(calendar, todo list), as well as contact management, notes, and akregator
the RSS feed manager.  It also supports news groups and journal entries.  It
also has Exchange (Open and otherwise) plugins that work quite well (I've
used it with both types).

I would recommend sticking with kontact/kmail.  It isn't going to be
everybody's favorite, but it is the standard KDE/Kubuntu mail client, it's
functional, and it's pretty easy for new users to get into.  And it is my
favorite.

--
~ Michael D. Stemle, Jr. <><
(A)bort, (R)etry, (I)nfluence with large hammer