LCD Monitor recommendations

Robert Morrison orbert at orbert.net
Mon Feb 12 17:27:36 UTC 2007

On Thursday 08 February 2007 19:19, Vayu wrote:

> ... (detailed instructions on how to get a widescreen
> monitor working)

> Side by side windows with the 1680x1050 widescreen was the most
> significant hardware upgrade I've had in 20 years of computing.

I got my monitor working, thanks to your help, and I have to agree:
how sweet it is. Many thanks.

For anyone else working on the same issue: I was struggling
with putting together a 'Monitor' section, since I wasn't
sure about correct values for things like 'VertRefresh' and
'HorizSync'. Then I realized I could just use a minimal one
that left out all the values I wasn't sure of. Worked like
a charm.