Not enthused with the convergence of the live and install CDs

Brian Lunergan brianlunergan at gmail.com
Sun Feb 11 20:02:19 UTC 2007

Phil Bieber wrote:
> You should add where you live, cuz this might limit the willingness ;-)
>
> Normally I would have suggested Shippit, but they only ship the "Normal" CD
> and not the DVD which has the "Alternate Mode", too.
>
> Cheers
>
> Philipp Bieber

Actually, my signature block does show where I live. I just left out the street
address. Nepean was a city legislated into a shotgun marriage with the city of
Ottawa. Until the post office says it's gone, that's where I still live. I
suggested a fellow Canadian on the list because because COD as a means of paying
something back to cover expenses is easy to do when you're in the same country.
Cross-border is a different case all together.

I seem to be caught in a no-win situation here. Dialup instead of high speed,
and the removeable media drives on my machine are 3.5" floppy and CD-writer. I
watch my movies on the television or at the theatre so I have, up to now, felt
no pressing need or desire to add a dvd drive to my system.

--
Brian Lunergan
Nepean, Ontario