endline characters

Man-Chicken manchicken at notsosoft.net
Sun Feb 11 05:57:55 UTC 2007

Many things would break in both environments if the line termination scheme
were changed.  Windows depends on \r\n, and GNU/Linux depends on \n.  There
would be weeping and gnashing of teeth involved in converting either to the
other.

--
~ Man-Chicken <><
(A)bort, (R)etry, (I)nfluence with large hammer.