Ubuntu & Linspire

Daniel Pittman daniel at rimspace.net
Fri Feb 9 14:32:32 UTC 2007

Man-Chicken <manchicken at notsosoft.net> writes:

> I set a root password and sudo still works fine.  I think you may be
> experiencing another issue entirely.  Even after you set the root
> password you're supposed to still use your own password for
> sudo/gksu/kdesu.  You should make sure you're not experiencing
> uncommon technical difficulties before you hold it against Kubuntu ^_^

Man-Chicken[1] is absolutely correct: sudo does not alter behaviour
simply because you set a root password -- you have to /tell/ it to do
that.

Not that many people bother to read the manual pages or documentation
for tools like sudo.  Not, in that specific case, that I can blame them.

	Daniel

Footnotes:
[1]  It feels very odd calling you that, by the way.

--
Digital Infrastructure Solutions -- making IT simple, stable and secure
Phone: 0401 155 707        email: contact at digital-infrastructure.com.au
                 http://digital-infrastructure.com.au/