Kubuntu on X60s problem with the knetetworkmanager (netapplet)

Nathan Eckenrode nathan at eckenrodehouse.net
Fri Feb 9 14:13:06 UTC 2007

On Thursday 08 February 2007 02:08:40 pm Derek Broughton wrote:

> Why can _nobody_ Google?  This is the number one FAQ about network manager.
Generally when a person is coming into these channels looking for help, it is
because they have exhausted the depths of their personal capacity. This is
not to be measured against them, and if you check the Ubuntu Code of Conduct,
(http://www.ubuntu.com/community/conduct) it is part of our task to offer
them the help they require, even when the problem seems to be far beneath us,
for as we all know, the only reason we know the answer to that particular
problem is because we have had it before and discovered the answer through
the help of someone else. (Yes, when you find teh answer on Google you still
required someone else to publish that information on the IntarWeb so that
Google's massive search engine could catalog it and pop it out the other end
of 'your' search.)

"Google is your friend," is _not_ a friendly and helpful answer. If one finds
that it is impossible to answer a particular problem without this little
zinger, then don't. There are plenty of knowledgeable people on this list,
the question will not go unanswered long.

Thank you.