tool used to download packages?

Nathan Eckenrode nathan at eckenrodehouse.net
Thu Feb 8 13:39:58 GMT 2007

On Thursday 08 February 2007 03:20:34 am Joe Hart wrote:
> Andy Harrison wrote:
> <snip>

> >> That, in itself, voids your warranty :-)
> >
> > People sure seem to hate that app, I keep bumping into posts from
> > people saying negative things about it.  I just used it to for nvidia
> > drivers, media codecs, and some fonts.  It seemed to work fine.
>
> <snip>
The largest problem occurs when one has used automatix or easyubuntu and then
decide to upgrade to the next release (Dapper to Edgy for example). The
upgrade is not successful and developers have no idea what has caused this to
happen, tehn when they figure out that most of the people who had
difficulties all had automatix or easyubuntu, it's easy to make a leap.