tool used to download packages?

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Wed Feb 7 18:34:55 UTC 2007

Earl Violet wrote:

> I am using Dapper but found changing the above to:
>
> deb http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ edgy main restricted universe
>  multiverse
> deb-src http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ edgy main restricted
> deb-src http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ edgy universe multiverse
> deb-src http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ edgy-backports main
> restricted universe multiverse
>
> helped me a lot in getting things moving.

Yes, I have given up on the XX.archive.ubuntu.com mirrors, and just go for
the base mirror.  Though I have to ask you the same question I asked Andy -
do you use source packages?  I have my doubts, since you imply you get
binary packages only for the release version but you get source packages
from "-backports."

In all likelihood, those lines should just be:

deb http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ edgy \
  main restricted universe multiverse
deb http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ edgy-security \
  main restricted universe multiverse
deb http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ edgy-backports \
  main restricted universe multiverse

For the life of me, I don't understand why the default install doesn't
include "universe" but _does_ include "deb-src".
--
derek