Amarok and Podcast problems

Patrick Vossen pvossen at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 4 22:11:09 UTC 2007

Hey Guys and Gals,

I have used Kubuntu and Ubuntu in some form for
two years now. Love it, and have it on a couple
computers. However, I have a reoccurring problem
that caused me to install the newest version of
Kubuntu Edgy, but things still don't seem to
be resolved. Plus, I can't get a clean install
of Automattix2 or EasyUbuntu on the machine.

Biggest problem. Every time I try to copy and paste
xml podcast to Amarok or any podcast player. The
broadcasts just keep looping. Never playing and just
going one to the other without playing a sound. MP3's
at least were working, but that seems to be inconsistent
to.

Now this is an older computer. With 384 of ram and 40 gig
hardrive, with and AMD k7 chip and 486 processor. Yet,
things always were ok in the past. Now with Ubuntu it seemed
to work better. However, that was the operating system I had
on until last week, and it did the same thing. That is why I went
to the newest version of Kubuntu Edgy. As after three reinstalls
with Ubuntu it wouldn't stop doing the same thing. Yet,
Automattix2 and EasyUbuntu worked on those.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Patrick