Don't Have Write Permission on Removeable Volumes

D. Michael McIntyre michael.mcintyre at rosegardenmusic.com
Sat Feb 3 22:15:27 UTC 2007

On Saturday 03 February 2007 2:01 pm, D. Michael McIntyre wrote:

> What about /etc/mtab?

Yeah.  I got back with the pictures and have my card reader plugged in, and
sure enough, here's the magic mountie thing in /etc/mtab:

/dev/sdb1 /media/sdb1 vfat
rw,noexec,nosuid,nodev,quiet,shortname=mixed,uid=1000,gid=1000,umask=077,iocharset=utf8
0 0

Which reminds me that I need to figure out where this magic mountie thing is,
so I can fix it where it doesn't use utf-8, SO ALL MY FILENAMES DON'T END UP
IN ALL CAPS.  THIS IS ACTUALLY ANNOYING, and there is some warning...

FAT: utf8 is not a recommended IO charset for FAT filesystems, filesystem will
be case sensitive!

Something to sort out one day when I'm more bored even than how bored I am
just at the moment.

--
D. Michael McIntyre