add a user

Stew Schneider stew.schneider at gmail.com
Sat Feb 3 13:04:38 UTC 2007

The "UID" is an identification number only, rather than a permission.
The fact that the new user has a higher number than you have only
indicates that he was added after you, not that he has a "higher"
permission to access files.

Permissions are another matter altogether. You might try Googling for
file permissions and read up on it. It's really very powerful, and will
take more than a note to do it justice.

Good luck!

stew