Some apps display 1/4 size

D. Michael McIntyre michael.mcintyre at rosegardenmusic.com
Fri Feb 2 16:16:11 UTC 2007

On Friday 02 February 2007 10:55 am, Homer wrote:
> <http://ftp.srrb.noaa.gov/pub/users/hodges/desktop.png> if you're
> interested to see what I'm describing.

It looks like some font rendering problem to me, but I don't know what I
should expect to see, never having used either of these before.

It looks like maybe they're trying to use a font that is no longer there, and
falling back to something inappropriate.

I'd have a look at what you get with

	strace -eopen $name_of_application

Look for any font-related bits that say something like

	ENOENT (No such file or directory)

and see if there is any clue there.

A wild guess to be sure, but it might prove fruitful.

--
D. Michael McIntyre