Some apps display 1/4 size

Homer fsunoles at gmail.com
Fri Feb 2 15:55:22 UTC 2007

On 2/2/07, Donn <donn.ingle at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I noticed this for the first time yesterday.  Two applications are
> > displaying approximately 1/4 of the expected size.
> Do you mean *all* the icons and widgets that make-up the window have
> been scaled down 1/4, or is it only the window shape that won't get bigger?
>
> If it's the first, you should send your machine to the Beryl project -- I'm
> sure they'll want to imitate that one :D
>
> If it's the second ... it must be a window manager issue which may boil
> down to a config file needing a good 'rm'

In the case of gv it is only the actual plot that is scaled down (Note
though that the plot is listed as being 1.000 or 100% size.  All the
buttons, widgets, etc are normal size.  With the other program, it is
as if the entire window, sans the title bar, are scaled down.  I put a
screen capture at
<http://ftp.srrb.noaa.gov/pub/users/hodges/desktop.png> if you're
interested to see what I'm describing.

By a "good 'rm'" do you mean a "dpkg -P" or something similar?  Are
you thinking xorg or something else?