Problem with glade and initial 'window'

Gerald I. Evenden geraldi.evenden at gmail.com
Fri Feb 2 15:54:17 UTC 2007

I am working through a tutorrial on using glade and quickly ran into a problem
when creating an initial window.  Tutorials suggest that the Glade 'Palette'
window has several selection bars at the top just after 'GTK+ Basic, GTK+
Additional and Deprecated which offer the selections of "GNOME", "GNOME DB"
and "CONTROLS."  My gnome has none of the latter three options.

Thus when the tutorial suggests creating the initial window with the two
control header bars of 'File Edit View Help' and 'New Open Save' I do not
have any way of creating this base window by selecting the 'GNOME' bar.

I suspect that operating under KDE has probably something to do with this.

-- Havelock Ellis (1859-1939)  British psychologist