Konqueror Oddities

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Fri Feb 2 13:26:22 UTC 2007

Donn wrote:

>> True, but I _think_ even the modified version has these options - "Create
>> New" is on the Edit menu, and Find File is on the Tools menu.  I could,
>> of course, be wrong because I think I modified my profile :-)
> I had not modified mine and it was sans search or mkdir -- very strange.
>
> I have not looked at the "opening screen" because I usually go via a link
> of some kind directly into a directory someplace.
>
> Anyway, it seems to be working since I changed:
> cd /usr/share/kubuntu-default-settings/kde-profile/default/share/config
> sudo cp konquerorrc konquerorrc.sodoff
>
> New Konqies that startup are now sane.

Which version are you using?  iirc, this was introduced in dapper (and
didn't affect me because I already had an older install), but I thought it
had been backed out in edgy, because it really does oversimplify the
interface.  I did a fresh edgy install before Christmas, and explicitly
_didn't_ copy my .kde settings, so I'm still not sure if this situation
applies on new edgy installs.
--
derek