Ksendfax

Donn donn.ingle at gmail.com
Thu Feb 1 17:00:18 UTC 2007

> Ksendfax is a choice I see when I wish to print a document.  I compose a
> fax in Koffice and then choose Print and then pick Ksendfax.  Do you
> suggest that I load efax instead?  My modem is OD-EMS-100 and works in
> KPPP as ttyS0 device.  I would like to be able to send documents by fax
> from either Koffice or OpenOffice.
Okay when you hit Print in Koffice (say) it opens a standard KDE print thing.
From that you choose "Send to Fax". That should popup a thing
called "KdePrintFax". Now go Settings->Configure and then choose System from
the left of the config dialog.
Look to the right under "Fax System". You will see choices in that list. Do
some research on the choices, aptitude install the one you like (I have heard
about Hylafax being good, but complicated to setup) and then make sure you
have the right one chosen in that list. That will be the program actually
used to send the fax.
The actual command used to invoke the commands is given in the text-box just
below the pull-down. You can see what parameters are being sent to it, this
may help you to fine-tune things once you are the boss!
:)

hth
/d