Recovery

Dr. Sharukh K. R. Pavri. lists at pavri.net
Thu Feb 1 15:45:51 UTC 2007

On Wed, 31 Jan 2007, Dr. Sharukh K. R. Pavri. wrote:

> On Tue, 30 Jan 2007, Lokeey wrote:
>
> > i haven't done anything to fix it yet...i'm still looking for a tool to help
> > me extract the data that's on that partition...i think what the partition is
> > missing is a kde startup file, but i'm not 100% sure...also, when i received
> > the first batch of errors, i fan fsck
> >
> > to answer your other question, what i originally did was format the
> > partition that i thought was empty and not being used.
>
> Ouch :)
>
> First rule of recovery ---  use your backups -- you _do_ have backups
> right ?
<snip>

also take a look at these

http://www.simplicidade.org/notes/archives/2005/02/recover_day.html

http://www.debianadmin.com/recover-data-from-a-dead-hard-drive-using-ddrescue.html

hth, hand,

Sharukh.
--
Dr. Sharukh K. R. Pavri.  			Homoeopath, Linuxer.
            "My sexual preference is not you." - T-shirt