Konqueror Oddities

Donn donn.ingle at gmail.com
Thu Feb 1 17:42:54 GMT 2007

Hi,
Something I noticed only recently is that Konqueror is strangely deformed in a
few ways from what I knew in Fedora Core 3. Not sure if it's the version of
KDE or if Kubuntu has tweaked Konqueror.
1. There's no way to make a new folder from the menus along the top, one has
to right-click to do so.
2. There doesn't seem to be any way to search a folder for stuff. I can't
find "Find" or "Search" anywhere -- even in a context menu.

Neither is a big hassle as I always have a konsole open somewhere (Try
yakuake -- the coolest konsole with the dumbest name) but it's kinda weird
not to have them built-in to konqy.

I'm prob being dumb and they are a click->tick->click away.

/d