Ubuntu 8.04 and KDE

Donn donn.ingle at gmail.com
Sun Dec 30 04:50:04 UTC 2007

> I agree completely, but the problem is nobody will ever agree on which
> project is a monumental waste of effort. ... We work on whatever we love,
and you don't  just swap in one love for another.  The game doesn't work that
way.
Mike, I think you just described the history of the human race! An awesome
precis! :)

We are 'selfish' altruists at our deepest levels and Linux is a good example
of this. Heck, I reckon, the insides of proprietary software would reflect
the same thing; a patchwork of 'camps' on the source-code territory as the
likes attracted likes and cooperated with the 'others' to produce something
they all needed.

Maybe if we were Borg...

\d