What version of KDE am I using?

D. Michael McIntyre michael.mcintyre at rosegardenmusic.com
Sat Dec 29 23:38:32 UTC 2007

On Saturday 29 December 2007, Eric wrote:

> Can someone please tell me how to find out what version of KDE I have
> installed?

People have talked about the button, and kde-config --version.   What nobody
has mentioned yet is that all KDE applications will report this if you use
the --version option (in a terminal window.)  For example:

  $ konqueror --version
  Qt: 3.3.7
  KDE: 3.5.8
  Konqueror: 3.5.8
  $ kmail --version
  Qt: 3.3.7
  KDE: 3.5.8
  KMail: 1.9.6 (enterprise 0.20070907.709405)
  $ rosegarden --version
  Qt: 3.3.7
  KDE: 3.5.8
  Rosegarden: 1.6.1

The advantage of doing it this way is that the text is easy to paste, whereas
the text in the About window can't be selected or copied.
--
D. Michael McIntyre