translation

Billie Walsh bilwalsh at swbell.net
Sat Dec 22 14:44:49 UTC 2007

On 12/22/2007 D. Michael McIntyre wrote:
> Or for that matter, I actually am a developer, but I still don't know much
> about translation stuff.  Other than it's seriously evil, and life
would be a
> lot easier if everyone just spoke one language.
>
> I nominate Spanish.   :)

Back in the  early days of science fiction the writers talked about
"Spanglish". It was sort of an English/Spanish hybrid language. I don't
think many people took them to serious at the time. Today, with the huge
influx of Spanish speaking people into the USofA there is a lot of
Spanish sneaking into everyday usage. I guess the sci-fi writers should
have been taken seriously.