Tip: kio apt

lanzen lanzenesi at gmail.com
Sat Dec 22 14:16:47 UTC 2007

On Saturday 22 December 2007 15:01:55 Howard Coles Jr. wrote:

> I'm sure this works perfectly if your default browser is Konquerer,
> however, mine is not.  Whenever I click the "search" button I get a box
> with "Save As" "Open with 'Firefox Web Browser'" and "Cancel" with no other
> choices.
> The same is true with all the other KIO slaves.

For browsing the web I usually prefer firefox, maybe because I'm just used to
it since 0,x versions in windows, maybe because I like it, but making it
default in kde ends up in becoming a bad idea.

> Anyone know how to turn that off?

I had to struggle quite a bit, but don't remember exactly how I did it. I
think somebody explained it here on  the list. I seem to remember it's got
something to do with mimes as well setting it as default in... kcontrol, I
think.

--
lanzen