Problems with Configure Panels -

Billie Walsh bilwalsh at swbell.net
Fri Dec 21 11:44:10 UTC 2007

DaveR wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am running Kubuntu 7.10 (KDE 3.5.8)
>
> I have a 19" monitor and the max of 800x600 maybe causing a problem.
> Many apps (Kate, Konqueror, Kmail, Amarok, Dolphin) Settings panel is to
> large and the buttons for "ok-apply-cancel" are below the Task Bar.
> Resizing the Settings panel has not been successful.
>
> This is the 3rd post - maybe this one makes it....
>
> Thanks,
> Dave

My first question is why a max resolution of 800x600?

Most modern monitors won't like that very well. They have a native
resolution that works best for them. While other resolutions will work
they are hard on the hardware. If I vary very far from the native
resolution for my monitor it get rather testy.