Problems with Configure Panels -

D. Michael McIntyre michael.mcintyre at rosegardenmusic.com
Fri Dec 21 03:56:06 UTC 2007

On Thursday 20 December 2007, DaveR wrote:
> I have a 19" monitor and the max of 800x600 maybe causing a problem.
> Many apps (Kate, Konqueror, Kmail, Amarok, Dolphin) Settings panel is to
> large and the buttons for "ok-apply-cancel" are below the Task Bar.
> Resizing the Settings panel has not been successful.

Not sure what's going on with you or why, but if you're trying to fix it with
a graphical configuration thing that has hidden buttons, then try holding the
Alt key while dragging the window around.  You can move it so that any part
of it is in view, even if the frame is way off the top of the screen.  That
should expose your missing controls, and hopefully let you fix the trouble.

Very handy trick I wish Windows would learn.

--
D. Michael McIntyre