Linux to Linux file browsing

Jonas Norlander jonorland at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 16:45:30 GMT 2007

2007/12/20, David Fletcher <kubuntu-users at thefletchers.net>:

> On Thursday 20 Dec 2007, Edmund Ĺaugasson wrote:
> >

> > NFS is cool but SSH works out of the box and is much more easier to set
> up
> and is more secure and
> > works also over internet:
> >
> > 1) sudo apt-get update
> > 2) sudo apt-get -y install openssh-server
> >
> > Now you can log in using the same user as log in to linux.
> >
> > In KDE you can write to the address bar so:
> > fish://user@IP-address/
> > .... and can log in.
> >

> Now THAT's cool. I've got a machine miles away at work that's already got
> my
> public key on it, so no password required from here.
>
> Dave

I have tried to do that in KDE before but if i remember right it has some
drawbacks.
To be abel to edit files, listen to musik and stuff like it need copy the
files down
and cach them. You don't have thous problems if you use a NFS or Samba
server.

I am not at my linux box right now so i can't verify it perhaps someone else
can?

/ Jonas