HP Laptop (Defeat acknowledged)

Stew Schneider stew.schneider at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 16:36:46 UTC 2007

Derek Broughton wrote:
> Martin Walshe wrote:
>

>> On Dec 19, 2007 8:50 PM, Stew Schneider <stew.schneider at gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>>> 1. Where have I gone wrong?
>>> 2. How should I proceed?
>>> 3. Will I ever regain the love of little Nell?
>>>

>> You could try to use a GParted live cd and divide the partition that way (
>> http://gparted-livecd.tuxfamily.org/).
>> I believe you can even do it from within vista using its own disk
>> management applications (i have done this but cannot remember where in
>> vista it is sorry).
>>

> I have read that you _must_ do this within Vista.  iirc, I ended up erasing
> Vista, shrinking the partition to the size I wanted and reinstalling Vista,
> as I couldn't get Vista to shrink to any reasonable size (it wanted to use
> 32GB of an 80GB drive at the minimum, after I'd removed all the software
> I'd never use and turned off virtual memory).
>

>> Once its been partitioned just set ubuntu to use the newly freed space.

I gave up on it. The non-profit can use it to...uh....to....read email.
Or as a backstop for the shooting range. I offered it for sale "Has
VISTA Business and bullet hole. Unclear which has done the greatest
damage." Only taker wanted the gun as well, as he was unsure if a single
bullet hole was sufficient for VISTA.

Thanks for the help. Maybe they'll ask me before buying any more boxes...

stew